4.5 VT275 Injectors (set of 6)
Every Remanufactured 6.0 PowerStroke Injector is manufactured back to factory new specs or better. The 4.5 VT275 Injectors was used in the Ford and International vehicles in years 2003 and 2009.
4.5 VT275 Injectors Manufacturing Process
The manufacturing process put in place ensures optimum quality and reliability for the 4.5 VT275 Injectors. Each injector is processed keeping all components together to minimize part fit variation and maintain original performance. After cleaning, all injector clearances are measured with precision air gauges to confirm and prevent any fuel leakage passing the critical high-pressure components. All air gauge data measurements are retained and stored by serial number and date, providing additional comfort and security for our customers knowing that we stand behind our parts. After assembly, all injectors are 100% tested.
After the test phase of the injector, a code is produced and etched onto the injector. This code is used during the installation of the injectors. It must be programmed into the ECU which then uses the information to set parameters specific to each injector. Please contact us if you have any questions regarding the process.
O-rings and combustion seal come with every injector.
We highly recommend the Ball Tube Kits when replacing a 4.5L injector. The Ball Tubes (also known as nipple cups) develop hairline fractures that allow high pressure oil to erode the D-ring at the top of the injector. This is by far the most common cause of premature injector failure.
During installation, be sure of the following:
- The combustion seal (copper washer) is present and installed properly with every injector
- The injector is torqued to proper specifications – Please see the service manual
- The engine oil is clean and at proper levels
- The fuel supply is free of contamination, water, and air
- The fuel pressure is at proper levels
- The injector sleeve is clean and damage free
- That the injector top is filled with clean engine oil prior to rail installation
- The oil rail ball tubes are damage free (burrs, nicks, hair-line fractures)
- The oil rail ball tubes are centered and properly aligned